Collings OM2H Custom - #18067, Article #011, 26 Feb 2012
- Select Sitka spruce
- East Indian rosewood back and sides
- Grained ivoroid binding
- Herringbone trim with matching backstrip
- Cross-cut grained ivoroid and wood nitrate strip rosette
- Pre-war scalloped bracing
- Tortoise-style pickguard
- High gloss nitrocellulose lacquer finish
- Mahogany neck
- Rosewood or ebony peghead overlay
- Inlaid Collings Logo
- Ebony fingerboard and bridge
- Traditional diamond and square fingerboard inlays
- Fully adjustable truss rod
- Bone nut and drop-in saddle
- Ebony bridge pins and end pin
- Nickel Waverly tuners
- Condition is MINT, as good as new
- Selling for SGD $5,300.00
My two cents,
Looks: The Collings original hardcase indeed is very solidly built. Sturdy metal buckles all round to ensure a secure containment of the guitar. The guitar is in absolute MINT condition. The classic OM shape is well-liked by many finger-style players. This model is designed with a deeper body to deliver greater punch in tone, especially in bass response. The use of opened nickel tuners, the herringbone body binding, tortoise shell look pickguard give this guitar a classic appearance. The bone nut and saddle are beautifully crafted to match the guitar's classic appearance.
Tone: The immediate first few strums and picking confirm the signature dark and sweet tone of rosewood back and sides. Indeed the bass is very pronounce, well matched by the mid and high tones as well. Volume projection is strong.
Feel: Despite a new guitar, it is adequately opened. The set up is the origin set up from Collings workshop. The plus point is further adjustments to other set up preferences can be obtained with a breeze.The condition is absolutely mint.
For those who are hunting for one that has the looks, feel and tone, this piece fits the bill. Drop me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org for viewing.