Jeffrey Yong Autumn Leaves Series, OM Spruce / Monkeypod - #303, Article #007, 26 Dec 2011
Yet another finely handcrafted brand new piece from Jeffrey Yong. Those who have visited the Singapore Guitar Show should not have missed Jeffrey Yong's guitars (http://www.jeffreyyong.com/). This beautiful piece is his attempt to blend the East and West by using Spruce as the top plate and Monkeypod (About Monkeypod) for the back and sides. It is commonly known as Rain Tree in Malaysia and Singapore. We don't always need to look at Spruce and ogle, don't we? There are abundance of tonewoods in Singapore.
Many guitar enthusiasts acquired their knowledge regarding this instrument from Western literature. While these sources are abundance and accessible, they don't represent everything about acoustic guitars. Tropical hardwoods are least known to the Luthiers in the West because such hardwoods are not native to them. Moreover, the legacy of Western guitar-making has centuries of history and that furthers sealed the way guitar should be made. By using almost 99% of tropical hardwoods to build his guitars, Jeffrey Yong has opened another dimension to guitar making that left many top notched luthiers baffled. This piece is a clear attempt to blend both the East and West by Jeffrey Yong.
- Builder: Jeffrey Yong
- Top: Crazily Bearclaw Spruce
- B/S: Monkeypod
- Peghead: Malaysia Blackwood Front & Back
- Rosette: Malaysia Blackwood with Narra Inlays
- Binding: Malaysia Blackwood Ebony
- Top Purfling: Herringbone, Maple and Ebony
- Backstripe: Ebony
- Fingerboard: Malaysia Blackwood Ebony
- Fingerboard Inlays: Narra
- Bridge: Malaysia Blackwood
- Bridge Pins: Brass
- Nut & Saddle: Bone nut and saddle
- Scale Length: 25.5" or 648mm
- Tuners: Gotoh 510
- Width at Nut: 45mm
- Saddle String Spacing: 55mm
- Case: Jeffrey Yong OM case
- Price: SGD $6,030.00 reduced to SGD $4,825.00
It is a new piece. For those who are hunting for one that has the looks, feel and tone, this piece fits the bill. Drop me an email at email@example.com for viewing.