Jeffrey Yong JJ Mango Standard, Article #032, 8 September 2013
- Builder: Jeffrey Yong
- Top: Mango
- B/S: Mango
- Peghead: Malaysia Blackwood Front & Back
- Rosette: Malaysia Blackwood with woodlines
- Binding: Malaysia Blackwood Ebony
- Top Purfling: Herringbone, Maple and Ebony Veneers
- Backstripe: Ebony
- Fingerboard: Malaysia Blackwood
- Bridge: Malaysia Blackwood
- Bridge Pins: Brass- Nut & Saddle: Bone nut and saddle
- Tuners: Gotoh 381
- Width at Nut: 45mm
- Saddle String Spacing: 55mm
- Case: Jeffrey Yong JJ case
- Price: Inquiry at Heirlooms Music
It is a new piece. Email at email@example.com for more details.
This guitar features a full mango wood soundbox like no other. Most luthiers wouldn't even contemplate. However Jeffrey uses such alternative woods with ease. The thickness of tone and unending sustain produced by this piece are qualities most sough after by many guitar lovers; and this JJ Mango Standard delivered with no hesitation.
Many guitar enthusiasts acquired their knowledge in guitars from Western literature. While the literatures are abundance and accessible, they don't represent everything about acoustic guitars. Tropical hardwoods are least known to the Luthiers in the West because such hardwoods are not native to them. Moreover, the legacy of Western guitar-making has centuries of history and that entrenched the ways guitars should be made. By using almost 99% of tropical hardwoods, Jeffrey Yong has opened another dimension to guitar making that left many top notched luthiers baffled.
This amazing guitar is displayed in Heirlooms Music at 9 Litchfield Road (off Chomp Chomp Hawker Center)